This e-Master Class offers existing podcasters an opportunity to dive into the critical mix of digital and audio skills needed to bring your podcast to a higher level of storytelling, sound design and social community building. In four modules taking place over ten days, this advanced level e-Master Class combines teaching, live keynotes and one-to-one coaching to develop participants’ skills in the three core areas:
Storytelling - Day 1, 10am to 12:30pm CET
- Storytelling looks at how a podcaster can craft a compelling narrative using a combination of words and sounds.
Guest speakers will be confirmed in the new year.
Sound design - Day 2, 10am to 12:30pm CET
- Sound design explores how to create engaging soundscapes to transport the listener to other worlds.
Community building - Day 3, 10am to 12:30pm CET
- Community building discusses techniques to strengthen bonds between podcast fans, bringing them closer and creating opportunities for interaction and co-creation.
Reviewing your work - Day 4, 10am to 12:00pm CET
- Participants come together one last time to discuss their podcast creations with peers and trainers.
As part of the course, participants will create a podcast using the skills they have learned in the three core areas above.
Who it's for:
- Existing podcast editors, producers and presenters
- Radio editors, presenters and producers with a good understanding of podcasting
- Participants will be encouraged to share examples of their podcast with the Faculty members prior to the start of the course.
Audience Needs: How to build a podcast community and collaborate with others.
Editorial: Balancing journalism with creativity and protecting PSM values
Social Media: Using social media to connect and open discussions with your community
Storytelling: Building presenter roles, storyboarding your podcast and using sound design to create new worlds
Strategy: Where storytelling and strategy collide - exploring vertical and horizontal storytelling.
- Four online sessions; (3 x 2.5 hours each and 1 x 2 hours)
- Group coaching: one 30 minute session to be arranged between faculty and trainees
- Start date: Tuesday 1st March 2022
- End date: Friday 11th March 2022