Top executive education delivered by IESE, UCLA and Columbia – 3 of the world's best universities.
The media industry is constantly in a state of flux. Agile strategies are therefore needed to help keep up with changing consumer behaviour and audience demand. The Executive Programme is designed to be fresh and innovative, looking at questions such as what the latest technology and audiovisual market trends are and how we should respond to them.
How do you cultivate creative leadership and ensure your teams are brought into change? How can you encourage experimentation with storytelling or new products?
For its 10th intake, the Executive Programme will take you on a varied and skill-enhancing journey that will give you the tools you need to make a difference all the way to the top. You will also learn how to design winning strategies to future-proof your organization and learn how best to implement them alongside your team.
The Executive Programme is also a unique opportunity to engage with peers and leaders from global media companies through a series of lectures, case studies, workshops, simulations and face-to-face meetings. In 2023, we visited Google and Lionsgate. We also welcomed speakers from Netflix, Bloomberg, the New York Times, and the Associated Press.
Dates and venues
- Barcelona : 12 – 14 June 2024
- Los Angeles: 9 – 13 September 2024
- New York: 5 – 8 November 2024
Who it's for
This programme is intended for executives from media organizations who will develop future winning strategies and new visions.
- Be Members of the executive committee, heads of a major business unit or senior functional heads.
- Have at least 10 years of experience in a senior position.
- Have a good working knowledge of English.
Acquire the skills to build and implement a strategy for the future of your organization.
- Identify the latest and most relevant technology and market developments in the media industry, discover new opportunities and build execution capabilities
- Build new capacities in platform strategy, digital mindset and brand management.
- Master the key strategy models to develop a clear roadmap to execute your new business plans.
- Develop creative leadership skills to drive innovation and organizational change challenge.
- Connect with peer leaders and build an international network. Boost your ability to influence and convince around your strategic ideas.
Module 1: A digital mindset (IESE Campus, Barcelona)
Content, strategies for product and services and platforms.
- Latest trends in strategic business thinking
- Platform strategy, social media, new competitors from the dot.com sector
- Applying models to create value at each level of a service business
Module 2: A business mindset (UCLA Anderson Campus, Los Angeles)
The marriage of innovation and business, brand management, and creative leadership
- Competitive strategy and pricing
- Achieving Extraordinary Outcomes through leadership excellence
- Brand management and Personal branding
Module 3: Future strategies (Columbia University, IESE Business School, New York)
Innovation in news and future strategies
- The future of news: How to encourage experimentation in terms of storytelling or with product
- How to build capacities in media innovation
- Scenario planning
After completing all three modules, you will be awarded the EBU Academy Executive Programme Diploma, delivered jointly by IESE; UCLA & Columbia University.
What former participants said about the course:
“The EBU Academy Executive Programme is an amazing opportunity for learning; being part of workshops and great lectures with the world-class faculties of IESE in Barcelona and New York, UCLA in Los Angeles and, Columbia University in New York. During the modules, the group going through this journey together bonded in a unique way and I am so thankful for the network established with all these great colleagues and leaders. How I value all our discussions sharing our experiences, the passion for our roles, and how we bring the future to the present in Public Service Media.”
Hildur Sigurðardóttir, HR Director at RÚV (Iceland)
“The EBU Academy Executive Programme offers accurate insights on the media industry, up to date methods to innovate, lots of high level talks. And the unique opportunity to share with a brilliant group of fellow public service media leaders.”
Pierre-Olivier Volet, Editor-in-chief at RTS (Switzerland)
After 9 intakes, the Executive Programme has now more than 200 alumni. It has formed a Media Executive Network at the top level.
Alumni activities include:
An annual alumni reunion where all former participants meet to work together on common projects.
- A closed Facebook page where participants share news, relevant articles and ideas
- WhatsApp group for each cohort to discuss concerns and challenges with fellow experts and find support and ideas.
Read more about the EBU Academy's Executive Programme in the Financial Times!
EXECUTIVE PROGRAMME DEVELOPED IN COLLABORATION WITH