Top executive education delivered by IESE, UCLA and Columbia – 3 of the world's best universities
The media industry is constantly in a state of flux. Agile strategies are therefore needed to help keep up with changing consumer behaviour and audience demand. The Executive Programme is designed to be fresh and innovative, looking at questions such as what the latest technology and audiovisual market trends are and how we should respond to them.
How do you cultivate creative leadership and ensure your teams are bought into change? How can you encourage experimentation with storytelling or new products.
For its 9th intake, the Executive Programme will take you on a varied and skill-enhancing journey that will give you the tools you need to make a difference all the way to the top. You will also learn how to design winning strategies to future-proof your organization and learn how best to implement them alongside your team.
The Executive Programme is also a unique opportunity to engage with peers and leaders from global media companies through a series of lectures, case studies, workshops, simulations and face-to-face meetings. In recent years, we have visited Netflix in Los Angeles and Vice News in New York. We have also hosted guest speakers from the New York Times, Forbes, Columbia Pictures and Warner Media.
Our new partner, the Columbia Journalism School, will open the doors of its Innovation Lab in News. You will also meet news organizations involved in research projects. Faculty members from both the Tow Center for Digital Journalism and the Brown Institute for Media Innovation look forward to working with you on these topics.
Dates and venues
- Barcelona : 7 – 9 June 2023
- Los Angeles: 11 – 15 September 2023
- New York: 30 October – 2 November 2023
Who it's for
This programme is intended for executives from media organizations who will develop future winning strategies and new visions.
- Be Members of the executive committee, heads of a major business unit or senior functional heads
- Have at least 10 years’ experience in a senior position
- Have good working knowledge of English
- Acquire the skills to build and implement a strategy for the future of your organization.
- Identify the latest and most relevant technology and market developments in media industry, discover new opportunities and build execution capabilities
- Build new capacities in platform strategy, digital mindset and brand management.
- Master the key strategy models to develop a clear roadmap to execute your new business Plans
- Develop creative leadership skills to drive innovation and organizationa change challenges
- Connect with peer leaders and build an international network. Boost your ability to influence and convince around your strategic ideas.
Module 1: A digital mindset (IESE Campus, Barcelona)
Content, Strategies for product & services, Platforms.
- Latest trends in strategic business thinking
- Platform strategy, social media, new competitors from the dot.com sector
- Applying models to create value at each level of a service business
This module also addresses Health and Wellbeing, how to improve the workplace health and sustainable leadership.
Module 2: A business mindset (UCLA Anderson Campus, Los Angeles)
The marriage of innovation & business, Brand management and creative Leadership
- Financial strategy
- Achieving Extraordinary Outcomes through leadership excellence.
- Branding in the new normal.
- Brand management and Personal branding.
Module 3: Future strategies (Columbia University, IESE Business School, New York)
Innovation in News & Scenario planning
- The future of news: How to encourage experimentation in terms of storytelling or with product
- How to build capacities in media innovation
- Scenario planning:
What former participants said about the course
“The course helped me create the necessary strategic mindset needed for incorporating changes in the public service media company I work in”
Finus Tromp, Head of Interactive Media, Avrotros
“More that a training it is an experience where EBU have played a central role. We had a unique opportunity to share and work together with a great diversity from everywhere in Europe and beyond. This showed the importance to connect managers together with different role and profile in our PSM.”
Damien Corti, CTO, SRG SSR
After 8 intakes, the Executive Programme has now more than 200 alumni. It has formed a Media Executive Network at the top level.
Alumni activities include:
- An annual alumni reunion where all former participants meet to work together on common projects.
- A closed Facebook page where participants share news, relevant articles and ideas
- WhatsApp group for each cohort to discuss concerns and challenges with fellow experts and find support and ideas.
Read more about the EBU Academy's Executive Programme in the Financial Times!